Wednesday, June 1, 2011

You Are Loved

Everyone is looking for that connection. That special someone who will never leave them or forsake them. That one someone or something that tells them they're loved. Wanted. Looked after. Cared for...

The problem is that most people are looking in all the wrong places. They’re looking to other people. Fallen people. Relationships. Friendships. Pets. Physical objects... They’re looking everywhere.

Everywhere but Up.

God has been there the whole time; just waiting. Waiting for us to accept Him, because He loves us that much. He has the power to do everything and be everyone for everybody, all the time. He wants to be everything we need if we will just let Him.

Little do people know that God actually says, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.” (Heb. 13:5) And if they are aware of this, they assume it's solely stated as a warning: "Don't do that! I can always see what you're up to!"   Or worst, they don't truly believe it's true that God will never leave them.  They feel that because they don't sense His presence---He's not there.

The saddest part about this fact about people is that many of those searching for that significant other are actually in the Christian community. They have failed to let God encompass all of their heart's desires and are now desperately trying to find an earthly source of affirmation and acceptance.

If we would only open our hearts to the fact that God has made Himself available to all, if we will just come unto Him, how much sweeter and richer life would be.  Our source of identity would not be in others, but in Christ.  Our value wouldn't be based on people's opinions or possessions.  But in the holy, pure, and consistent love of God.

So the next time you feel alone.  Maybe all your family and friends have walked out on you.  Maybe you're the only one walking in the Light.  Or perhaps you just don't know who or what is in charge -- but you know that there has to be more to life than walking in the dark with no love to guide your way.  Remember what God said.... "Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28  Then trust in Him, put all your faith in Christ alone; and abide in His love.


Psalm 139
For the director of music. Of David. A psalm.

1 You have searched me, LORD,
and you know me.
2 You know when I sit and when I rise;
you perceive my thoughts from afar.
3 You discern my going out and my lying down;
you are familiar with all my ways.
4 Before a word is on my tongue
you, LORD, know it completely.
5 You hem me in behind and before,
and you lay your hand upon me.
6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
too lofty for me to attain.
7 Where can I go from your Spirit?
Where can I flee from your presence?
8 If I go up to the heavens, you are there;
if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.
9 If I rise on the wings of the dawn,
if I settle on the far side of the sea,
10 even there your hand will guide me,
your right hand will hold me fast.
11 If I say, “Surely the darkness will hide me
and the light become night around me,”
12 even the darkness will not be dark to you;
the night will shine like the day,
for darkness is as light to you.
13 For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place,
when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.
16 Your eyes saw my unformed body;
all the days ordained for me were written in your book
before one of them came to be.
17 How precious to me are your thoughts,[a] God!
How vast is the sum of them!
18 Were I to count them,
they would outnumber the grains of sand—
when I awake, I am still with you.
19 If only you, God, would slay the wicked!
Away from me, you who are bloodthirsty!
20 They speak of you with evil intent;
your adversaries misuse your name.
21 Do I not hate those who hate you, LORD,
and abhor those who are in rebellion against you?
22 I have nothing but hatred for them;
I count them my enemies.
23 Search me, God, and know my heart;
test me and know my anxious thoughts.
24 See if there is any offensive way in me,
and lead me in the way everlasting.

Footnotes:
a.Psalm 139:17 Or How amazing are your thoughts concerning me
Psalm 139 - New International Version (NIV) http://goo.gl/9Hvgg

No comments:

Post a Comment