Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Life is Busy


So the thing is, I don't really even have to time to write this... but I felt like I needed to.


Life is very busy.  So busy I find myself getting lost in it's hurried pace.  I wonder why I feel over-run and then I realize I didn't make time for God and His Word first thing to start the day.  I go through the motions and don't know why it's all worth the bother.  I let my tank run low and on the verge of empty when I focus on the day and not on the Source of all things.  I find myself seeing the tedious aspects of work and neglect to see the bigger picture...

Then I remember, it's all for God's glory; that's the purpose of life.  Everything I do to His glory lifts His name higher.  Life is a gift, even the parts that drive you crazy.  Sometimes we don't know why things happen, but then years down the road we see a glimpse at why they did and we are thankful and humbled.

Like I said earlier, this will be brief... I have plenty of work to do.  But I take this moment to refocus and affirm that this life is brief compared to eternity, and all that we do here on earth for God's glory will be rewarded in heaven.  Maybe you're having a month kinda like this: busy, hurried, tired, drained, unfocused... Make time right now to refocus on Who is most important, the Lord Jesus Christ.  Then do it again tomorrow, then the next day, and the next... It's not a quick-fix.   It takes purpose.  It takes dedication.  The rush of life will temp you to stop--but don't.  Then, after refocusing:  back to work.    

No comments:

Post a Comment