Tuesday, September 27, 2011

One More for the Road...

I just realized I never posted this...  Dated sometime before the school year began.
______________________________________________________________


It's that time of year again! When students return to classes and the long, dog-days of summer wind down. So I'll take this opportunity to post one more addition before my brain is 'loaded-to-bursting' with all that is school.
I have to confess I'm dying to get back to classes.  After a summer filled with activity and ministry, the "down-time" I've had since has been too much to handle!  It seams contradictory, but it's true.  My body is still in active mode, and this rest is wearing me out.  I know it shouldn't be this way, I know that resting (especially in Him) is something God wants all His people to do.  But right now it just doesn't seem "normal" for me to not be doing something.  (Ask me in a month or two when I have two projects, a paper, and a major exam due... you may get a different story.  And if you read my link above, you'll notice I'm not exactly heeding my own advice.)

I'm writing this post because I know I won't have time for blogging come the full swing of fall. (...what with 17 credit hours and work study). My advice is to follow my twitter account.  It's about the only thing I'll be updating for a while.  Even Facebook will be receiving some-what of a hiatus... aside from the fact that my twitter will post to my fb wall automatically--nifty.

During this week or so of rest I've rediscovered something about myself.. (isn't that always fun..) and that is:  If I'm not actively thinking about something--I'll create something to actively think about.  If that sounds like you, I advise you find something more productive to think about that a mental creation.  Or better yet, get actively involved in something.


No comments:

Post a Comment